Saturday, May 5, 2012

Interesting Links

I"m sorry that I haven't kept this up. I'm struggling with some health issues. I  hope, with God's help, to conquer them and get back to writing my own things. In the meantime, I've run across interesting things. I'm not endorsing them - just find them interesting. You may also.

Chaotic Weather in April - YouTube Video

God's Time Patterns - This one is rather speculative. Is he right? Maybe, but Jesus reminds us that no one knows the day or hour. What I do find fascinating, though - and agree with completely - is that EVERYTHING God says in the Bible is there for a reason. Every name, every place, every date, every everything. I also believe that God does use patterns. In fact, He declares that to be true here:

Hosea 12:10  I have also spoken by the prophets, and have multiplied visions; I have given symbols through the witness of the prophets. (NKJV)

I actually think the King James is more clear:

Hosea 12:10 I have also spoken by the prophets, and I have multiplied visions, and used similitudes, by the ministry of the prophets.  (KJV)

What does that mean, that God has used "similitudes?" It means that He uses pictures. Some are obvious - and even explained, such as the Passover Lamb being a picture of Jesus - the coming perfect sacrifice. What did John the Baptist say about him? "Behold, the lamb of God, who takes away the sins of the world." He was calling Him the Passover lamb.

I believe there are far, far more pictures in the Bible than we will ever realize, and when you start to see that, you will know - beyond a shadow of a doubt - that mere men did not, could not, have written the Scriptures without the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. That's why it makes me so angry when so called "scholars" with their great learning cast doubt on the Bible and say things like "Moses did not write the Pentateuch." or "Paul did not write Ephesisans." even though the Bible itself says they did.

Sir Isaac Newton, known as one of the world's greatest scientists, wrote more about the Bible (specifically Bible prophecy) than he ever did about science. Why? Because he saw those pictures, and like me, was fascinated by them.

The Old Testament was not just a recording of history, or prophecy for them, but were for us, too: 

Romans 15:4 For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that we through the patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope.

1 Corinthians 10:11 Now all these things happened to them as examples, and they were written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the ages have come. 


May Earthquakes - For entertainment purposes only










No comments:

Post a Comment